Friday, October 5, 2018

Scary Movie Night With Carolyn (Week #1)

The Vampire Bat (1933)


Happy first weekend of the Halloween season! Those of you have read my books, in particular my Dead-End Drive-In books, you'll already know my deep love for old school horror and sci-fi movies! So, in honor of my favorite time of the year, I thought I'd share some of that love with you, my faithful readers!

Each weekend this month (October 2018) I will be sharing one of my favorite Public Domain horror movies from days gone by. That means that you can watch the movie right here, right now on the internet! 

That's right! Every Friday this month you can join me in watching a spooky classic! Then, throughout the weekend you can feel free to chat with me about the movie either here on the blog or on my Facebook page! 

So, without further ado, this week's movie of choice is The Vampire Bat from 1933!

As far as old scary movies go, my two favorite sub-genres are Old Dark House films (more on that later in the month) and Vampire movies! The Vampire Bat is one of the best, combining the original legend with mad science! What a treat!  

This movie is a great atmospheric treat and stars a few favorites including Fay Wray of King Kong fame, Lionel Atwill (who is always creepy), and Dwight Frye who played Renfield in 1931's Dracula.

So, without further ado, enjoy with me this weekend: The Vampire Bat.



No comments:

Post a Comment