Friday, October 26, 2018

Perfectly Pumpkin Killer

TRICK-OR-TREAT! Do I have a treat for you! The latest book in my Pies and Pages cozy mystery series is out now on Amazon Kindle for only 99 cents and for free on Kindle Unlimited!

Those of you who follow me on social media will know all of my recent woes about visiting the dentist. Many of you jokingly said I should include a dentist in one of my books . . . and so I have, thanks to all of your advice. And what better time to include a dentist than in a spooky Halloween mystery (at least I find visiting the dentist a little scary).

When I was at the dentist this past month, I laid there with my mouth wide open while the dentist and his assistant worked away. Meanwhile, they chatted it up about the local Haunted Houses they were going to visit and what they might dress up as for Halloween.

Well, that got me thinking about tons of story ideas, and I dressed up the dentist in my story as a vampire! Of course, as luck would have it, there is a murder with a "vampiric" touch.

How much torturous pain can you stand?

Pie shop owner Bertha Hannah loves Halloween, but not when she has a toothache. Forced to stop eating candy, pie, and all her other favorite sweets, Bert finally gives into one her her biggest fears . . . and goes to see a dentist. Too add to her already skyrocketing stress level, she has committed to making a batch of pies for the Halloween Charity Carnival being held at the local amusement park.


Bert’s excruciating holiday goes from bad to worse when she stumbles upon a body, the murder of which seems to be somehow oddly connected to her visit to the dentist and she begins to wonder what sort of fiend is running around the streets of Culver's Hood this Halloween.


Will she be able put together the clues and solve the case, or will she be next to ‘donate’ blood?


You can pick up Perfectly Pumpkin Killer for only 99 cents right now on Amazon Kindle. Please enjoy it and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment